Friday, September 5, 2008

Medicine Update

Allison has made is successfully down to 10 mg of prednisone without any break through symptoms. We were to just leave her at that dose until we go to Portland to see her Pediatric Rheumatologist September 22nd.  John and I were talking and decided to call and check with Dr. Kingsbury and see if he might want us to continue the taper since she is doing so well.  When John spoke to the nurse she said the doctor was very happy with Allison's progress and to drop her down to 8 mg. and then if she is tolerating that in 10-14 days drop her to 6 mg.  This is huge.  We are doing the happy dance around here and hoping she just continues to hold steady as we slowly lower her dosage.  Keep her in your prayers!!!  We know they work. 

No comments: